WHO WE ARE
In 1938 Alejandro Frau Brea, a young man of 27, founded a Company filled with dreams and possibilities with the mission of giving its best to its Clients.
Day to day work based on immutable principles and standards paid off and shortly he managed to stand out as a Money Broker.
Alejandro Frau Martínez joined the Company in the 70’s and graduated as a Money Broker and Customs Agent, undertaking the tradition of service and respect for our clients.
Nowadays, the third generation looks to the future under the leadership of Diego Frau Langdon – Customs Agent – following the same path, adjusting to the demands of the international market to provide quality services in the areas of Foreign Trade, Logistics and Transport, safely and reliably.
Our experience and professional practice guarantee our suitability to undertake the new challenges of an increasingly demanding market.
Our main foundation is the excellence of our performance in International Trade, at competitive costs, and our knowledge of the alternatives for each operation in the place of origin, transit and final destination.
It is the company’s commitment to innovate towards the continuous improvement of our management systems in order to provide excellent customer service.
Frau Comercio Exterior has wide experience in Foreign Trade and Customs Clearance since 1938. This ongoing market presence has made us a point of reference in Foreign Trade.
On account of this, prominent companies have entrusted us with the execution of large-scale projects, among them:
• Construction projects of the UPM and Montes del Plata pulp mills (two of the largest investments in Uruguayan history)
• We are the customs agent of the main maintenance service supplier of both pulp mills (Andritz Uruguay)
• Project for the expansion of the plant of Citrícola Salteña (largest citrus exporter of Uruguay)
• Construction project of the plant of Texogan (manufacturing of shoe parts)
• Construction project of Zona Franca Aguada Park (Free Trade Zone)
• Construction projects for the Nolir plant (juice production)
• Construction projects for the plant of Drilltec (manufacturing of protection covers for pipes in the oil industry)
• Extension project for the grain terminal Corporación Navíos
• Temporary admission of large cranes of several national projects
• Private Projects and Investments under the PPP regime (Public-Private Participation Projects)
• Temporary admission of equipment for Seismic Surveys performed by Ancap in our territory.
The company relies on a multidisciplinary team for the undertaking of our diverse operations.
We keep a stable, qualified work team, providing opportunities for personal and professional development and promoting a good working atmosphere.
Our professional practice, continuity and commitment allow us to maintain excellent relationships with the National Customs Administration, provide experience and know-how, and extend a personalized treatment to our clients.
At a geographic coverage level, we have offices not only in Montevideo, but are also present in the cities of Fray Bentos, Nueva Palmira, Colonia, Chuy, Río Branco, Salto, Paysandú, Acegua and Rivera.
So as to reach the highest quality standards, the company is currently in the process of obtaining the following certifications:
ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
OEC – Authorized Economic Operator
Through these certifications we aim at the continuous improvement of our company, training our professionals and, as always, abiding by the regulations in force in our country and taking every opportunity to grow.